Monday, February 6, 2012

Yeast

I have been working on Sourdough Bread for about 2 months now.  I just found a different yeast that is remarkable. SAF -Instant Yeast from King Arthur Flour is incredible. The results speak for themselves.  Before I was using the little packets that you find in the grocery store.  Those were good but this is ten times better. Often you get some yeast that is slow or even dead.  The SAF yeast came in a one pound bag and I also ordered the container and measuring spoon. I found that it made a huge difference in my bread.  I cannot wait to try in on my Cinnamon Rolls and other recipes.

So check it out at King Arthur Flour.. The cost seems high until you figure the yield you get. Compared to the little packets it is about 1/3 of the cost with much better results.

No comments:

Post a Comment