Saturday, February 16, 2013

Veggie Pizza

This is a version of a White Pizza that fits with the diet choices I made recently.


Make or buy your favorite pizza dough.

Preheat you oven to 450 degrees. 

Place your dough on your work surface and roll or stretch to the desired shape. I like a more rustic look so I usually free form.

Top with either your home made or store bought  marinara sauce.  Then add

4 - five cloves of roasted garlic -  I squeeze them out so that they cover  as much area as possible

4 - 5 ounces of  frozen spinach - thawed and the excess water squeezed out

Sliced mushrooms

sliced Red Onions

OPTIONS

you can also add sliced veggie meatballs or other veggies that you like.
I don not use cheese but I will add some grated Parmesan to the top

For meat lovers add some chicken or turkey as alternative to the more processed meats like pepperoni.

Place your pizza on a baking sheet and cook for 10 minutes or until the crust is browned and the veggies are cooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment