Saturday, March 31, 2012

Pulled Pork

Pulled Pork - a lot of people like it but don't know how to make it if they do not have a smoker.  I do have a smoker but many times I also use the oven. Sometime I used both! 

Pulled Pork

Pork Butt Roast - about 5 Lbs
Dry  Rub  - I use  DAVIS DUST
beer

For smokers -  I use wood chips from Jack Daniels Whiskey Barrels - it does add a certain something - you use what ever you normally use. Just make sure that you soak the chip in water for at least 6 hours or overnight.
Follow the directions on your smoker.  You want the heat at a constant 225 for at least 12 hours.

For Ovens - preheat to 425 -  have one rack just under the center rack with a drip pan.  Place the rubbed pork on the center rack so it is right over the drip pan.  After 10 minutes, turn the temp to 225 and walk away.  come back in 12 hours.  Do Not turn the meat or fuss with it!  Just let it cook
V E R Y S L O W L Y. 

For both methods - the meat is done if you can pull the bone out with out any meat sticking to it. Let the meat rest for a bout 30 minutes under some foil . Then start pulling the meat with tow forks or my hand.  You will be shredding the meat.  Once that is all done use it any way you want.  There are some great recipes in my cook book for pulled pork.

By The Way -- The beer - is for drinking while you wait.  ;o) 

No comments:

Post a Comment