Tuesday, February 21, 2012

OOPS!

Sory for the break in posting.  I have family in town for a few days. So make up for that, I am positng one of the recipes from my book. I have referred to this recipe on different posts and some of you have asked that I post it.  So here is Tacos My Way


TACOS MY WAY - (c) Wes Davis 2011 - all rights reserved
This is one of my favorite recipes. You can use it for hard or soft tacos, burritos, enchiladas and nachos.

1          pound ground meat. (Beef or chicken both work fine)
1          package of taco seasoning (Yes I know it has a lot of salt but this makes the rest so easy)
½         white onion – diced
1          can of green chilies diced – mild hatch not Jalapenos
1          small can dice tomatoes + one can of water.

Brown the meat and then add the onions. When the meat is done and the onions are translucent, drain off any extra fat.  Return the meat to the hot pan and add the taco mix.  Cook for a few moments to wake up the spices.  Add the green chilies and cook a little longer. Add the tomatoes and the can of water.  Stir up any loose bits from the bottom and sides.  Turn down the heat and simmer for at least one hour. The tomatoes will melt into the mixture making a rich and tasty sauce. 

Variations
Add 1 teaspoon cumin for an earthy taste
Add cheese sauce for a great Fundito Dip

No comments:

Post a Comment